Three of the five positions are based on overall merit across the two events with the remaining two positions decided by MotorSport New Zealand on a wildcard basis.
Currently there are seven teams vying for the five available positions, ranked on their finishing position at the Otago Rally.
- Hayden Paddon / John Kennard
- Ben Hunt / Tony Rawstorn
- Robbie Stokes / Amy Stokes
- Emma Gilmour / Mal Peden
- Todd Bawden / Paul Burborough
- Jack Hawkeswood / Sarah Brennan
- Brian Green / Fleur Pedersen
The five will be announced following confirmation of results from the 13-15 May running of the International Rally of Whangarei.