On behalf of the APRC, I would like to extend congratulations to Gaurav Gill and Stephane Prevot on securing the 2017 APRC Drivers and Co-drivers Championships. This the third APRC Championship title for GILL, driving for Team MRF in a Skoda Fabia R5.
Also congratulations to all the other APRC Champions for 2017, and all competitors who have once again committed to the challenges of APRC rallies during the year.
A full list of 2017 Champions and the final points situation is available on the APRC website at https://fiaaprc.com/aprc-history.
2018 APRC Regulations
As approved at the APRC Working Group meeting, there are a few changes to the 2018 APRC Regulations. These still have to be ratified by the FIA. To follow are the major changes approved by WG:
- AP4 cars may have engine capacity up to 1620cc
- AP4 cars registered to score points in APRC and/or any of the Cups must be fitted with a 32mm restrictor
- AP4 cars that are not registered to score points may be fitted with 34mm restrictors
- There will no longer be a requirement to nominate individual rallies. Competitors will nominate which Championships and/or Cups they wish to compete in.
- Nomination of a Championship and/or Cup can be done at any time during the year. Points will not be allocated retrospectively.
- Registration and nomination of Championships and/or Cups must be completed before the close of entries of the relevant rally of the Championship/Cup.
- Changes to the registration fee which is now to be paid in New Zealand dollars – NZD
- Revised 2018 APRC Registration forms, along with 2018 National Car Approval forms will be available on the APRC website soon www.fiaaprc.com
As more information is available early in 2018 I will keep you all updated.
2018 APRC Calendar
The calendar of rallies for 2018 is as follows.
- New Zealand Whangarei 5-6 MAY
- Australia Canberra 2-3 JUNE
- Malaysia Johor 21-22 JULY
- Japan Hokkaido 15-16 SEPTEMBER
- China Longyou 20-21 OCTOBER
- India Chikmagaluru 1-2 DECEMBER
I trust the experience has been good for you, and I look forward to welcoming you back and working with you all again in 2018.Wishing you all a Safe and Happy Festive Season and brighter things for 2018.
+63 908 310 5888