China Rally Zhangye
- As far as possible, planning is in place for China Rally. For those who are involved with Customs inspections in Beijing, I have sent details on where and when this will happen.
- The new venue in Zhangye has no doubt created some difficulties and challenges for people planning to be there. This has been compounded by the fact that a few weeks later China hosts a round of WRC. I recommend that we tackle the new location with an open mind, it promises to be an exciting new rally in a totally new environment. At an altitude of 1500+ m, it will be the highest point on the calendar.
- Supplementary Regulations have been published and are available for download from www.rally-hokkaido.com
- A new requirement for import customs inspections is that the holder of the carnets (ie the person in whose name the carnet is issued) must present themselves and their passports to the customs office in Tomakomai (port of import) I have been trying to seek a waiver for this requirement, however, with no luck to date. I will continue to discuss this requirement with organisers, JAF and customs in Tomakomai.
- For accommodation requests, I recommend that these be done as soon as possible on the form available in RG1. Requests must be received by organisers by 2 September.
- I would strongly recommend that if you are wanting to stay at the Grand Paragon Hotel (Rally HQ) you make your accommodation requests early. Rather than late.
- Also, if you wish to have pre-event testing, there is a form available on the rally website www.malaysianrally.com
- Further information can be obtained from Kurnia Sakor email@example.com
- Rally Guide 1 is now available. The file is not available online as yet. If you would like a copy, please contact me.
Asia Cup registrations
- If any teams or drivers are still considering registering for Asia Cup, with Rally Hokkaido as your first Asia Cup rally, the close of registrations is the same date as close of entries for Rally Hokkaido – Friday 2nd September.
- Asia Cup is four rallies, China, Japan, Malaysia and India. You must nominate and compete in 3, or 4, rallies to qualify. Only the best 3 results will count to the final positions.
As always, any questions on any of the above, please contact me directly.
+63 908 310 5888