International Rally of Whangarei
- For clarification, the rally hotel known as the Kingsgate Hotel, now trades under the name Distinction Whangarei. Details can be found on their new website http://www.distinctionhotelswhangarei.co.nz/
- Plans for team containers to be cleared and delivered to Northtec, Whangarei are in place. Teams involved in MPI quarantine inspections will be advised of location and date for this to happen. This is expected to be Thursday 21 April or Friday 22 April in Auckland.
- Team containers are expected to be available at Northtec pre-event service area from approx midday on Saturday 23 April
- All foreign registered cars are required to go through a WOF inspection before being issued with approval to drive on NZ roads. This is highlighted in RG1 (page 9) Please contact me directly if you have any questions about this. I will be on site in Whangarei to assist with this.
- Third party insurance is required for all vehicles, please refer to RG1 (pages 13 &and 14)
- A reminder that the Rally HQ and service park will be located at Toll Stadium, 51 Okara Drive, Whangarei.
2016 FIA APRC regulations
- Please note that there is an updated version of the 2016 regulations, available on the FIA and APRC websites
- These were updated on 2 March 2016 to correct some small errors. Specifically the number of minutes applied for penalties under V4 – Article 41.4
- I remind you of the changes to V4 Article 46 – restart after retirement/Rally 2. The intention is to have as many competitors as possible to finish the rally, with penalties imposed for missed stages.
- Article 46 applies to those cars and crews that restart the rally after missing, or failing to complete, a special stage or stages.
As always, any questions on any of the above, please contact me directly.
+63 908 310 5888