The former WRC star cruised to victory by four minutes and nine seconds despite dropping three minutes on the final stage to change a puncture in his Hyundai NZ i20 AP4.
It backs up Paddon’s dominant win at the opening round of the Brian Green Property Group New Zealand Rally Championship at Otago last month.
Ben Hunt finished second to celebrate his birthday in his Hydraulink Subaru while Raana Horan was third – a further minute and 53 seconds back in his Generator Rental Services Skoda Fabia R5.
Regan Ross backed up his podium finish in Otago to grab sixth in his Ford Fiesta R5.
Four-time national champion Bruce Herbert was second overall in 2WD in his Mitsubishi Lancer EX with Anthony Jones third in the Ford Escort. Jones claimed class honours in the Historic 2WD class.
Dylan Thomson fought back on Sunday after dropping some time to Jordan Grant to win the FIA Group N 2WD class by 14.9 seconds.
Results – International Rally of Whangarei 2021
1. Hayden Paddon / John Kennard, Hyundai i20 AP4, 2:26:01.1
2. Ben Hunt / Tony Rawstorn, Subaru WRX STI, +4:09.9
3. Raana Horan / Michael Connor, Skoda Fabia R5, +1:53.5
4. Kingsley Jones / Waverley Jones, Skoda Fabia R5, +3:06.0
5. Haydn Mackenzie / Michael Goudie, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X, +1:50.4
6. Regan Ross / Katrina Renshaw, Ford Fiesta R5, +0:35.1
7. Ari Pettigrew / Samantha Gray, BMW 318ti, +3:54.2
8. David Sievers / Matt Sayers, Subaru Impreza WRX, +1:46.0
9. Bruce Herbert / Bevan Parker, Mitsubishi Lancer EX 3, +2:31.3
10. Anthony Jones / Zoe Jones, Ford Escort 4/CL, +1:00.0
Photos: Geoff Ridder