While it was his first time on the all-tarmac event, 17-year old Kalle Rovanperä and co-driver Jonne Halttunen both from Finland, finished a sensational second with Italian privateers Fabio Andolfi/Emanuele Inglesi in third place making it an all ŠKODA finish podium.
ŠKODA Motorsport boss Michal Hrabánek was already looking forward to the coming events: “After their impressive victory here in Germany, Jan and Pavel will have an open title fight during the next FIA World Championship Rally in Turkey with Pontus and his co-driver Jonas Andersson. Kalle and Jonne drove a fantastic and absolutely faultless rally!”
Final Result ADAC Rallye Deutschland (WRC 2)
1. Kopecký/Dresler (CZE/CZE) ŠKODA FABIA R5, 3:16:49.7 h
2. Rovanperä/Halttunen (FIN/FIN), ŠKODA FABIA R5, +3.8 sec.
3. Andolfi/Inglesi (ITA/ITA), ŠKODA FABIA R5, +18.1 sec.
4. Kreim/Christian (DEU/DEU), ŠKODA FABIA R5, +50.9 sec.
5. Kajetanovicz/Szepaniak (POL/POL), Ford Fiesta R5, +54.4 sec.
Current championship standings WRC 2 (after 9 of 13 rounds)
1. Jan Kopecký (CZE) ŠKODA, 100 points
2. Pontus Tidemand (SWE), ŠKODA, 93 points
3. Gus Greensmith (GBR), Ford, 55 points