China Rally Zhangye
- As per official advice posted on the APRC website, China Rally Zhangye has been cancelled.
- With the cooperation of the organisers we are working on plans to ensure that the 2018 APRC rally in China will not be compromised in same way.
International Rally of Johor
- In recognition of the long history of rallying in Johor, including the continuing support of the Johor State Government and the support of His Highness, the Tunku Temenggong, the Malaysian round of APRC is now known as The International Rally of Johor.
- Rally Guide 1 is now available online www.malaysianrally.com
- For 2017 there will be a new Rally HQ hotel and preferred accommodation. This is the Holiday Villa Johor Bahru City Centre – located adjacent to KSL City and close to Paragon Hotel. More details will be available online soon, including accommodation booking forms.
- Also for 2017 a new pre-event service area and service park will be set up at the Johor Circuit. Full details will be made available as soon as they are available.
- Forms for applying for the ICP (local registration and 3rd party insurance) will be available online soon. As this process can take some time, I recommend that this be done as soon as possible.
- Team containers are expected to be delivered to the Johor Circuit, on Saturday 5 August. I am working on the customs inspection process and expect this to be similar as in previous years, ie an open door inspection only. I will be onsite for this. I will confirm once details have been finalised.
- Draft Supplementary regulations have been sent to FIA and are expected to be available soon. Rally Guide 1 is already available online www.rally-hokkaido.com
- Kita Aikoku Community Centre will again be the location of the pre-event and rally service park.
- Access to Kita Aikoku will be from 0900hrs on Monday 11 September
- A reminder to teams and competitors. It is now a requirement for the holders of the FIA carnets to present themselves to Japan Customs in Tomakomai. I am working on date/time for this to happen and will advise as soon as possible.
Asia Cup registration, APRC regulation change
- A reminder that registrations for Asia Cup now close on Friday 21 July, the same date as close of entries for Rally of Johor. Registration forms are available on the APRC website www.fiaaprc.com
- With the cancellation of China Rally, Asia Cup will now consist of 3 rallies, Malaysia, Japan and India. All rounds will count towards final results for Asia Cup, APRC 2 Asia Cup and APRC 3 Asia Cup.
- The APRC executive, and with approval of the FIA Rallies Commission, has agreed to waive the requirement under APRC Regulations (2017 FIA RRSR V4) Art 5.3 and Art 5.4.3 where competitors are required to pay the entry fee to organisers for all nominated rallies, even if any rallies are not entered or competed in.
- If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact me directly.
If you have any questions at all on any of the above, or any other aspect of APRC 2017, please feel free to contact me directly.
If having problems accessing or downloading any of the forms and information as mentioned above, please contact me directly and I can email copies.
+63 908 310 5888
Photo by Lachlan McKinnon