- The APRC executive has arranged to have an informal meeting to create some open discussion on any/all matters concerning APRC. If you have a particular topic that you would like to include in the discussions, please send details to me or to the APRC secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org
- The meeting is scheduled to take place at 1800hrs Wednesday 24 May at Rally HQ, National Capital Rally, Canberra.
National Capital Rally
- All documentation eg Rally Guide 2, Supplementary Regulations, testing applications etc are all available on the NatCap Rally website www.nationalcapitalrally.com.au
- Teams involved in quarantine inspections have all been advised. This will take place in Revesby, Sydney on Thursday 18 and Friday 19 May.
- Team containers will be transported to the Mike Bell Service Park located in Beaufighter St, Majura, Canberra. This is adjacent to Canberra airport runway. Containers due to be onsite by approx midday on Saturday 20 May.
China Rally Zhangye
- Rally Guide 1, entry forms and associated documents are now available. Please email me if you wish to have copies. They are not available online.
- Please note the deadlines for returning the crew and vehicle forms.
- The APRC executive has just confirmed that China Rally Zhangye will be held as round 3 of APRC 2017
- Logistics will be incredibly tight. With no room for delays or incidents, the following schedule is planned:
- Tuesday 6 June – ETD Sydney
- Monday 26 June – ETA Xingang, China – if arrival is early morning, then
- Friday 30 June – Customs inspections Beijing – team staff required to be onsite
- Tuesday 4 July – containers arrive Zhangye
- Saturday 8 July – MONDAY 10 July – China Rally
- Monday 10 July – by 2300 hrs – containers packed and loaded for transport to Beijing
- Friday 14 July – Customs inspections Beijing – team staff required to be onsite
- Monday 17 July – ETD Xingang
- Tuesday 1 August – ETA Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
- Saturday 5 August – provisional date for Customs inspections
- China Rally organisers have confirmed there will be NO SUBSIDY on inland transport for containers. All logistics costs are the responsibility of the teams.
- We have advice that the organisers will ensure that the above timetable (in particular the customs inspections) will be met.
- I have to advise that there is no allowance for any delays in the above schedule. 1 days delay can effectively have a 3-7 day effect, meaning both China Rally and Malaysian Rally are vulnerable.
- Personally, I will do everything possible to ensure that teams rally plans are not compromised. However, it must be acknowledged that the above schedule includes high risk levels.
- Planning for Malaysian Rally is on course, again featuring the palm oil plantation roads that are distinctly part of APRC Malaysian Rally in Johor Bahru.
- There is probably a change of location of the service park. Details will be advised in Rally Guide 1 soon
- Rally Guide 1 is now available on the rally website http://www.rally-hokkaido.com/en/?page_id=1762
- Please also the link regarding driving licenses and permits in Japan. This is important. If you require to sit the driving test, this must be arranged in advance. http://www.rally-hokkaido.com/en/?page_id=484
If you have any questions at all on any of the above, or any other aspect of APRC 2017, please feel free to contact me directly.
If having problems accessing or downloading any of the forms and information as mentioned above, please contact me directly and I can email copies.
Be safe out there, and happy rallying.
+63 908 310 5888