Please note the information below regarding the Australian round of 2017 APRC. International Rally of Queensland has been replaced on the APRC calendar by National Capital Rally which will be based in Canberra.
2017 FIA Appendix J, Article 253
- There are several changes to safety equipment as per Art 253 for 2017. At the latest WMSC meeting, further changes have been made. Please visit http://www.fia.com/regulation/category/117 to get the latest information on updates to Art 253, 254 and 255
- If you are unsure of the impact of these changes, please make direct contact with APRC Technical Delegate Julian Leach firstname.lastname@example.org or send me an email and I will follow up.
FT3 fuel tanks for Group A & N cars
- Further to previous information, the WMSC last week has changed the requirements for FT3 fuel tanks for Gp A & N cars, effective immediately.
- For 2017 the requirement is waived and will be enforced for cars from 1 Jan 2018.
- The decision by the APRC executive will still apply, i.e., that for National Vehicle applications that are specifically for the fuel tank issue only, there will be no fee payable. This will only be necessary from 2018 on.
- Please contact me directly if you have any questions about this.
International Rally of Whangarei
- Supplementary Regulations, entry forms, maps and further event information are available on the rally website.
- Entries for IROW close on Monday 10 April
- Once again the rally HQ and Service Park will be located at Toll Stadium.
- Organisers are working on a plan to improve the flow and working areas of the SP layout.
- As in previous years teams will again have access to the Northtec workshop facility for pre-event preparation. Please contact me, or the organisers, if you require further information.
- In advance planning for logistics for this rally, I am advising teams to have their containers arriving in Auckland port, no later than Monday 17 April
- MPI quarantine inspections will be held on Thursday 20 or Friday 21 April in Auckland. Once completed containers will then be moved to Northtec, Whangarei
- Final details will be advised closer to time.
APRC and Pacific Cup Registration dates
- A reminder that APRC registration forms, and registration fees, must be submitted to the APRC secretariat email@example.com on or before 31 March 2017 to benefit from the early registration fee (Euro 150 per driver and co-driver)
- Registration fees after 31 March 2017 will be Euro 250 each.
- Registrations close on 10 April 2017 if Rally Whangarei (NZL) is your first nominated rally for APRC, and Pacific Cup.
- The 2017 APRC registration form is available on the Competitor Information page.
National Capital Rally
- As you will be aware, IROQ has been cancelled. It has been replaced by National Capital Rally located in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory (ACT).
- Rally Guide 1 for this rally is available from here.
- Canberra is not new to APRC as for many years the Australian APRC rally was held there. Further information will be made available as soon as its available.
- Note that the climate we will be going to will be colder than we are familiar with at IROQ. Highs will be 13-14 deg C, with lows down to 2-3 deg C. Bring some warm clothing!!
If you have any questions at all on any of the above, or any other aspect of APRC 2017, please feel free to contact me directly.
If having problems accessing or downloading any of the forms and information as mentioned above, please contact me directly and I can email copies.
Be safe out there, and happy rallying.
+63 908 310 5888