Further updates and information for your 2017 APRC experience.
2017 FIA Appendix J, Article 253
There are several changes to safety equipment as per Art 253 for 2017.
FIA Technical Delegate Julian Leach has listed the major areas that could affect your eligibility, for safety.
The list can be found on the APRC website, under Competitor Information.
FT3 fuel tanks for Group A & N cars
- Further to previous information, there is no waiver granted by the FIA to accommodate Gp A & N cars with standard fuel tanks.
- Competitors affected by this change of regulation are advised to make application for ASN approval. The revised form is available on the APRC website – fiaaprc.com/competitor-information
- The APRC executive has agreed that for National Vehicle applications that are specifically for the fuel tank issue only, there will be no fee payable.
International Rally of Whangarei
- Supplementary Regulations are due to be available 24 February
IROW has advised that the entry fee for the APRC/International section of the rally has been REDUCED by NZD 1000 this year.
- IROW with the FIA Technical Delegate have compiled a summary of vehicle eligibility for Rally Whangarei. Please contact the organisers or myself if you would like a copy.
- Once again the rally HQ and Service Park will be located at Toll Stadium.
- Organisers are working on a plan to improve the flow and working areas of the SP layout.
- As in previous years teams will again have access to the Northtec workshop facility for pre-event preparation.
- In advance planning for logistics for this rally, I am advising teams to have their containers arriving in Auckland port, no later than Monday 17 April
MPI quarantine inspections will be held on Thursday 20 or Friday 21 April in Auckland. Once completed containers will then be moved to Northtec, Whangarei
- Final details will be advised closer to time
APRC and Pacific Cup Registration dates
- A reminder that APRC registration forms, and registration fees, must be submitted to the APRC secretariat email@example.com on or before 31 March 2017 to benefit from the early registration fee (Euro 150 per driver and codriver)
- Registration fees after 31 March 2017 will be Euro 250 each.
- Registrations close on 10 April 2017 if Rally Whangarei (NZL) is your first nominated rally for APRC, and Pacific Cup.
- The 2017 APRC registration form is available online at fiaaprc.com/competitor-information
International Rally of Queensland
- Some preliminary information for IROQ is available on the event website.
- One of the major changes is the move of all facilities to the Nambour Showgrounds. This includes a “Rally Village” with many different activities planned.
- Where possible, all international teams will service under cover on hard stand, alongside their team containers.
If you have any questions at all on any of the above, or any other aspect of APRC 2017, please feel free to contact me directly.
If having problems accessing or downloading any of the forms and information as mentioned above, please contact me directly and I can email copies.
Be safe out there, and happy rallying.
+63 908 310 5888